Digital marketing is crucial if you want to succeed online today. With both your potential customers and competition online, strategic digital marketing is the only way to rise above the noise.
To help, here is a list of 5 easy-to-use digital marketing tactics that any business can implement.
1. Get with Goal Setting
Without a goal, there is no way to create a plan. Everyone wants to make more money and have more customers, but you need to get SMART with your goals:
SMART digital marketing strategies are a great way to get ahead by providing a focus for your business each step of the way.
2. Create a Marketing Funnel
This could be increasing your email newsletter subscribers, purchasing a product directly through your website, signing up for an event, calling your office for further information, or another call to action.
When you are outside of your website, your marketing funnel will include:
- Awareness of your products and services.
- Generating interest to learn more.
- Creating a desire to become a new member of your customer-base.
- Taking action towards a purchase.
A successful marketing funnel isn’t just about learned, it can turn your customers into brand champions.
3. Develop that Call-To-Action (CTA)
I’ve already hinted on your CTA. Now is the time to develop and test it.
A call-to-action is the part of a marketing funnel that is often missed by many businesses. CTAs is a simple prompt that engages the potential customer to take an action. The most successful ones are those that provide something free in return for human engagement.
Such successful calls-to-action include free downloads with a newsletter subscription, entering email address to view a webinar, or another attention grabbing lead generation. Your goal is to collect your visitor’s contact information in exchange foe them receiving something of value.
4. Create a Successful Lead Magnet
Most often, businesses try to give away their least-desirable content in order to collect contact information from their visitors. However, if you think so little of that piece of content, what makes you think someone else is going to like it?
Don’t be afraid to create a killer piece of content to trade for a person’s email address. The more value you add to their lives and success online, the more value they will place on your business.
Keep visitors wanting more.
5. Drive Traffic to Your Website
You need traffic to your website in order to drive people into your marketing funnel.
- Unique Quality Content – Press releases, industry niche articles, and long blog posts are great tools to generate website traffic. Make sure to provide internal links within the content to drive further traffic to relevant articles, products, and services.
- Keyword Strategy – As I’ve said before, you need to know your keywords in order for the search engines to know what your content is about. Insert related keywords throughout your website and be sure to use synonyms and plural variations of those words.
- Website and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – (You knew I was going to get here sooner or later, right?) If your website isn’t optimized for both the humans and search engines, no one will ever want to visit the website.
- Social Media Optimization – Do your research and pick a few social media networks that you can commit to engage on. Use video, pictures, and other content to not only share your own content, but also engage with your network.
On more thing…
As with any strategy, having a goal is always your first step. Don’t simply say you want more sales. Put a price on the number of sales you want in a given time.
When I’m publicly speaking at an event, I also tell the attendees:
Always in that order.
Stick with that in your digital marketing goals and see the difference they can make.
And, if you’re ever confused, remember: “Humans first, then the robots.”
Image courtesy of Stratinis.