Better search engine rankings starts with better keywords. If you want higher search engines rankings, then these free keyword research tools will help.
- What are my keywords?
- What are my competitors’ keywords?
- How do I find the best keywords?
- How do I optimize my content for keywords within spamming?
The list goes on and on.
Although nothing compares to a professional SEO keyword strategy, there are a few free keyword research tools to help you stand out and get found online.
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner: Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to use paid Google AdWords campaigns to use this tool. Keyword Planner is like a workshop for building new Search Network campaigns or expanding existing ones. You can search for keyword and group ideas, get historical statistics, see how a list of keywords might perform, and even create a new keyword list by multiplying several lists of keywords together.
- Bing Keyword Research Tool: Stop guessing at what people are searching for and use the Bing Keyword Research tool to get keyword ideas and suggestions for your content. To access the Keyword Research tool, simply sign in or sign up for Bing Webmaster Tools.
- SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tool: Learn which keywords you should be targeting to increase your website rankings, traffic, and profit.
- WordStream’s Free Keyword Tool: Software and services to help businesses and agencies take the guesswork out of pay-per-click advertising so you get more from your marketing budget.
- Soovle: Search suggestions and completions from the top providers on the Internet. Easy to use, fast and efficient. Hit the right arrow to change engines, and use your arrow keys to search without all the typing. Let the web help.
- Ubersuggest: Get keyword ideas with Übersuggest the free keyword suggestion tool that makes good use of different suggest services.
- Google, Bing, and Yahoo! Suggestions: This is the best kept secret because you simply start typing some keywords and Google will display it’s top searched long-tail keywords while you type.
The answer is simple… yes and no.
True professional SEO consultants use a variety of both free and paid tools when creating an organic search engine strategy. The free tools are used during preliminary research and then refined in paid SEO tools.
This is why it is always best to go with a seasoned SEO professional with at least 10 years of experience in the field. However, these tools will definitely get you started off on the right foot if you decide the DIY approach is what works best for you at this time.
Please note: Always take free SEO tools with a grain of salt (unless directly supplied by the search engine). There are hundreds of search engines changes a day and you never know when the free tools were last updated, so they may be out of date when used.
Image courtesy of Google Plus.