I’m going to be honest here. If I weren’t so passionate about my work online, and my work didn’t require social media, I’d delete my entire person online and live in a lakeside cabin somewhere.
The Internet can be a overwhelming place and there are many people longing for the days when smartphones didn’t exist. But, since I love helping so many get found online, I’ll endure the lack of security online to help you increase your success.
If you’re one of those people who are ready to totally disappear from the online world, then I have an infographic for you.
Designed by Who Is Hosting This, there are 8 Steps to Disappearing Online:
- Step One: Deactivate Primary Accounts
- Step Two: Search For Yourself
- Step Three: Falsify Undeletable Accounts
- Step Four: Unsubscribe From Mailing Lists
- Step Five: Delete Search Engine Results
- Step Six: Contact Webmasters
- Step Seven: Consider Data Clearinghouses
- Step Eight: Check In With Your Phone Company
Although these are great tips for disappearing in a virtual cloud of magician’s smoke, remember that the Internet never forgets. Once you put information online, it lives forever. So, although the steps below will clean decrease your chances of getting found online, they won’t make you disappear 100%. There will always be some part of your life online… it’s one of those costs of living in the age of social media.